Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Still Way behind in my blogging...

I have not abandoned my quest to eat locally, I just have not had tome to chronicle my adventures this fall. Here are my last 2 weeks from our CSA
Two weeks ago: Peaches, tomatoes, a cucumber, peppers, beets (mostly for greens) chard, lettuce, Asian greens (bak choi?) , beans, acorn squash, lettuce, carrots, potatoes, onions, and 2 ears of corn.
Last week we got: more Asian greens, Beets, tomatoes, tons of lettuce, salad greens, kale, radishes, tons of peppers, a giant spaghetti squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, and pears!

We have also been apple picking, I've been doing lots of cooking, some freezing, and I made some green tomato salsa that was more of a scientific experiment than a culinary triumph. I'll try to post more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment