Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Labeling Beer

I now have a fleet of bottles of Home-brewed beer. Most of the Winter Ale is in 12 oz bottles, with a couple of 22's and 2 64 oz growlers. The Porter is mostly in 22's with a couple of 12 oz bottles and 2 growlers. Here are close-ups of the labels:


Based on initial taste tests, both are good, but the porter is definitely going to be better. Conversely, I think the Winter Ale label definitely came out better. If I was going to do this again, I would invest in enough growlers so that I would use very few smaller bottles. The 22's are a lot of beer to drink in one sitting, especially at 6% alcohol. The small bottles took a lot longer to fill than the 22's or growler.

In early December I will have to have a poker game/tasting party so I can get some unbiased feedback from my astute beer drinking friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment