Monday, February 15, 2010

Goals for 2010

In the dark days of winter, I do think a lot about my garden goals for the upcoming year. While I have a lot of things I could work on like increasing the garden size, trying new vegetables varieties, and more local food field trips, the main goal I have for this year is being able to complete a Dark Days Challenge next winter.

I wanted to do this this winter, but I knew that I did not preserve nearly enough to make 20 local meals this winter. I did a fair job last year even though I didn't really have a plan, but I know I could do better.

To do this I will need to grow more in the garden, freeze and can more from the CSA, and possibly preserve items from the local farmers market in order to be ready. I will keep these things in mid as I plan my garden next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment