Saturday, July 18, 2009

This week from the CSA and a Local Meal


I have fallen a bit behind in my postings this week. On Wednesday, the CSA brought us collard greens, one summer squash, two Italian garlic, one bunch of carrots, lots more peas, four different heads of lettuces, parsley, cilantro, chard, and some black raspberries.

On Thursday, I made the local meal below: (Blood Farm) Beef and green onion kabobs with steamed carrots and peas.

It was a super simple meal, only salting and peppering the beef and onions and throwing them on the grill. The vegetables were steamed in the microwave.

In gardening news, summer has finally made it to Massachusetts over the past couple of weeks and the plants are really growing. I will harvest new potatoes in the next week or so, and the tomatoes are on the verge of turning red. The string beans are starting to appear on plants and I may even get a few bush beans (though these are actually rather pathetic this year). I also hope to get one last picking of peas, some more carrots, and then plant for a fall harvest of peas, potatoes, and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment