Yesterday I built and today I installed a Bean Brace (instruction were in "Woodworking Projects for the Garden" by Richard Freudenberger.
I do not have 100% confidence that the brace will withstand strong winds, but I have anchored it down as much as I could. I hope it lasts long enough to support the Neapolitan beans that have begun to come up.
A bigger issue that I am having is that there is a robin trying to steal the string out of the garden. Each of the last couple of days I have seen it tugging at string and trying to fly away with the thread. All it ends up doing is tying things in knots and breaking one of my bean plants. I may need to come up with a strategy to stop this behavior.