Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Frost Advisory Aftermath

In spite of the warning, there was no actual frost here last night, though we were close since there was a frost about 10 miles north of here. I do not regret covering my plants, but I do regret not removing the cover until this afternoon. The covering coupled with the mid-70's temperature lead to a lot of wilted (borderline dried out) plants. My weaker tomato plants (Roma's and sweet 100's), most of my squash, and surprisingly one row of lettuce look near death. Fortunately, I have plenty of extras seedlings so I spent some time today sorting out my strongest indoor seedlings and moving some of them into larger pots. Tomorrow I will put out replacement seedlings on the deck, cold-frame them overnight, and replace the damaged plants this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment