Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Ineffective Owl and The Mischievous Robins


I purchased the plastic owl above hoping it would dissuade the robins from trying to steal the string from the garden. Alas, it did not. The robins pulled up several pieces of string, clipped one end of my bean brace and removed the string from my row of beets. Their knot tying is impressive, even though it is very annoying.

Trying a tact suggested by my mother-in-law, I have tied a couple of strings in the yard outside the garden. Perhaps this will draw the robins away from my beans and gives them their string "fix".

On a positive note, I did some light hilling of potatoes and added some purchased Brussels sprouts to the garden. The garden is looking pretty packed right now and with another month of TLC, the vegetables should be rolling in!

No comments:

Post a Comment