Friday, June 5, 2009

Hilling Potatoes and Other Garden Updates


Yesterday afternoon, I did a bit more work in the garden. With the exception of the celeriac which I will add in a couple of weeks, think that I have added everything that will be transferred this year. I replaced one more zucchini plant (thanks to toppling bean brace), reseeded the beans that had not come up from the previous plantings, added a row of peppers, and hilled the potatoes (see above). Seven of the eight seed potatoes I planted have sprouted and look to be growing quite nicely. I am new at growing potatoes so I hope I did this right.

In fruit news, both the raspberries and blueberries are beginning to show fruit. I would expect to have a pint or two of blueberries and some (I have know idea how many) raspberries by the end of June/early July. So in spite of the fact that my tomatoes are not doing great, I am apparently capable of growing something.

1 comment:

  1. Watch where you step out there... don't want to end up with a bit of sluggage between your toes!

    ReplyDelete