Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Farmers Market Trip


Before dinner tonight I ran out to our town's Farmers Market to pick up a vegetable to go with dinner. The corn spoke to me (not in a "Field of Dreams" type of way, but I think you know what I mean). I pulled back the husks, removed the silk, buttered, salted, peppered, and then put back the husks. I then wrapped the corn in foil and I then grilled it for a half-an-hour with dry rubbed pork chops from Balance Rock Farm.
The other thing I picked up at the farmers market was a small collection of pickling cucumbers (7 of them to be exact). After dinner, I put them in a sterilized quart-sized mason jar with dill, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar and cold water. They should last up to 6 weeks in the fridge like this, I'll give them a taste test later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment